MS Word is an impressive text editor from MS Office and it an be used for creating various text documents. MS Word has got loads of features which has enhanced the document creation and amongst many features AutoCorrect feature is one of them. AutoCorrect feature can be helpful in various word processing tasks. With this feature you can locate the misspelled words easily. This feature will correct the spelling automatically as you type. AutoCorrect feature can be customized easily so that most commonly used words will be entered automatically without typing the whole word. You can also learn about Enabling or Disabling Tablet Mode in Windows 10.
For modifying the AutoCorrect feature you are required to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you are required to click on Tools.
- Now from the menu bar select AutoCorrect options and then you will see AutoCorrect Options dialog box will appear.
- You in the next step check or deselect any of the following options:
- Show AutoCorrect Options buttons
- Correct two initial capitals
- Capitalize the first letter of the sentence
- Capitalize the first letter of table cells
- Capitalize names of days
- Correct accidental usage of Caps Lock key
- Replace text as you type
- Select Replace: box for typing in the word which you misspell quite often or you can type the shorthand word in order to represent the longer word or phrase.
- Use With: box for typing the correct word.
- Click on Add.
Now after these steps whenever you will misspell any word AutoCorrect feature will correct it. Now if you don’t want to change the word which the AutoCorrect feature changes all you have to do is to hover the pointer over the area where the correction was made. Here a smart tag will appear which will allow you to reset the original word.