Zipping of a file will compress your file and its size will shrink thus occupying less space on your hard drive. ZIP file can be shared with your friends easily. IN previous Windows versions you were required to have a dedictaed application for compressing files but in Windows 10 you can zip files and folders in Windows 10 directly from File Explorer and no 3rd party tools are not required. For zipping your files you need to open up File Explorer and from there on you need select the files and use either Send To menu or the Ribbon menu according to your preferences. You can also learn about Setting up Windows 10 Hello Fingerprint Login.
Zipping Files using Send To Menu:
In order to ZIP files using Send To menu you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you are required to select the files and folders which you need to compress. If you are required to compress only one file you can jump to the 2nd step now but if you need to compress more than one file you can select the files and folders in two different ways.
- For selecting the consecutive group of files and folder just click on the 1st item and then press and holf the Shift key and select the last item of the group. Every files lying in between the two selected files will be selected.
- For selecting non-consecutive files of folders you need to press and hold Ctrl key and select multiple non-consecutive files and folders.
- Now right click on the file or folder and then point to Send to and select Compressed folder.
- Now is the time to give your ZIP file a name and then press Enter.
Zipping Multiple files with the Ribbon Menu:
The File Explorer in Winows 10 has got a built-in ZIP command in the Ribbon menu. And you can ZIP the files through Ribbon menu for that you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you are required to select the files and folders.
- Now navigate to the Share tab in File Explorer.
- Now click ZIP button.